What are Recommended MAZDA Maintenance Schedules?
Regular Mazda maintenance will keep your new vehicle in its best shape and running smoothly on New Haven streets. Learn how you can stay on top of your Mazda3 maintenance schedule today with our trained experts at Hamden Mazda. The best place to start to learn about your Mazda maintenance schedule is your owner’s manual or your own local North Haven area Mazda service center. You’ll ensure that your vehicle is receiving the maintenance it needs when you consult your owner’s manual or speak with a certified technician. Let’s take a snapshot look at a Mazda3, Mazda6, and Mazda CX-5 maintenance schedule.
MAZDA3 Maintenance Schedule
A Mazda3 maintenance schedule is a bit different, like other Mazda vehicles, depending on whether you set the “Oil Change” maintenance monitor to “Flexible” or “Fixed”. This changes the frequency at which you should check certain elements of your vehicle. For all of our examples, we’ll assume you’re driving under normal conditions.
- Every Year: inspect your disc brakes
- Every Two Years: inspect fuel lines/hoses, brake lines, hoses, and connections, steering operation, front and rear suspension, driveshaft dust boost, and tighten bolts and nuts and chassis and body
- Every Three Years: inspect the drive belts
- Every Four Years: inspect the hoses and tubes for emission and exhaust system and heat shields
- On a “Flexible” oil change monitor setting: replace oil when the wrench indicator is ON. At this time, you should also replace the air filter and cabin air filter. Max interval is 12 months / 10,000 miles
- On a “Fixed” oil change monitor setting: replace the oil every 6 months, replace the air filter at 30 months, and the cabin air filter every two years
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years or 60,000 miles / 4 years depending on coolant type. After first replacement, change at 60,000 miles / 5 years and 60,000 miles / 4 years, respectively
- Replace spark plugs at 75,000 miles and rotate tires at 5,000 miles
MAZDA6 Maintenance Schedule
A Mazda6 maintenance schedule is comparable to a Mazda3’s. Many aspects of a Mazda6 maintenance schedule will follow a Mazda3’s with some variations.
- Follow the Mazda3 maintenance schedule for yearly, bi-yearly, and three-year maintenance needs
- Every Four Years: Inspect hoses and tubes for emission
- Every Five Years: Inspect the exhaust system and heat shields
- Replace the air filter every three years
- Replace engine oil and filter when the wrench indicator light is ON. Max interval is 12 months / 7,500 miles
- Replace engine coolant at 120,000 miles / 10 years, and at 60,000 miles / 5 years after the first replacement
- Replace the cabin air filter every two years
- Replace spark plugs with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5 every 75,000 miles, and every 40,000 miles with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T
- Rotate tires every 7,500 miles
- Inspect emergency flat tire repair kit annually if installed
- If submerged in water, replace the rear differential and transfer oil annually
MAZDA CX-5 Maintenance Schedule
Like the Mazda6 to the Mazda3, the Mazda CX-5’s maintenance schedule is similar to the Mazda6’s with some variations.
- Follow the Mazda6 maintenance schedule, with few variations
- Replace spark plugs with SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T every 40,000 miles, and every 75,000 miles on anything other than SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T
Get Your MAZDA Maintenance at Hamden Mazda
Visit our Hamden maintenance center today to catch up on your Mazda maintenance schedule. Your vehicle may require more frequent inspections if you drive your vehicle more often than typically expected for Wallingford drivers. And remember that Mazda vehicles come pre-set with the “Flexible” oil change monitor system. At Hamden Mazda, you can easily schedule service appointments online, as well as find our service specials online. Contact us today with any questions you may have about your Mazda’s maintenance schedule!
More from Hamden Mazda
The arrival of the new 2023 Mazda CX-50 gives New Haven drivers plenty to be excited about. Ten trim packages, standard AWD, and a suspension crafted to conquer treacherous terrain are just a few of the dozens of highlights of the new Mazda CX-50. However, one of the most impressive features is the Mazda CX-50 interior….
Regular Mazda maintenance will keep your new vehicle in its best shape and running smoothly on New Haven streets. Learn how you can stay on top of your Mazda3 maintenance schedule today with our trained experts at Hamden Mazda. The best place to start to learn about your Mazda maintenance schedule is your owner’s manual or your…
Connecticut is in the center of it all, really. Close to New York, close to Boston, close to your neighbors, close to everything. We at Hamden Mazda love cars, which means a lot of our employees and customers like to attend car shows in Connecticut. Summer’s heating up in New Haven and North Haven and if you…